Term Critical Illness
5 Star Products

Term Critical Illness (“Term CI”) Insurance mainly covers the top 3 critical illnesses (cancer, heart disease, stroke) with fixed coverage term of 1, 5 or 10 years. A fixed lump sum benefit is payable if the insured is diagnosed with a pre-defined illness.

Although the structure of Term CI is relatively simple, the coverage of the products in the market can be quite different. Some only cover the top 3 critical illnesses, while others also cover early stage or minor illness (e.g. carcinoma-in-situ, angioplasty) and/or other major illnesses. As more new Term CI products are launched, the coverage available is becoming wider, with some products even allowing multiple claims. Nonetheless, consumers should also check the terms and conditions of Term CI products, such as maximum coverage age and required survival period after diagnosis, to determine if the product meets personal needs.

10Life actuaries analyse and score the Term CI products based on their overall coverage. If the product scores 9 or above, it can be rating as a "5 Star Product", indicating its superior protection over similar products in the market.

award
HK$1M Sum Assured - Coverage Rating
In alphabetical order by company name
Category
award
HK$1M Sum Assured - Coverage Rating
Category
In alphabetical order by company name
AIA
AIA Simple Care Essence
Bupa
Bupa Safe Critical Illness Insurance Scheme + Extended Major Critical Illness Benefit (Plan 8)
Generali
LionGuardian PlusOne
Prudential
Health Critical Illness Term 2
10Life Term CI Scoring Methodology
Cancer, heart disease and stroke account for about 90% of critical illness insurance claims in Hong Kong, while other major illnesses account for the remaining 10%. In calculating the score, 10Life actuaries consider whether the product provides adequate coverage and whether the terms are favourable to the consumer. The Overall Term CI Coverage Score includes the following factors:
Cancer Coverage
Heart Disease Coverage
Stroke Coverage
Other CI Coverage
General Terms
Disclaimer
  1. The information on 10Life is intended for general education purpose and reference only, and does not constitute any insurance, financial, investment or other professional purchase advice or solicitation to buy insurance, financial or investment products. 10Life Product Ratings and Scores are mathematical calculations based on public product information and assumptions for generic customer segments. The Product Ratings and Scores DO NOT reflect YOUR personal needs. 10Life hereby excludes any liability arising from using the information and will not make warranty or guarantee on the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information or for any claims and / or losses caused thereby. You should seek independent professional advice and review the insurance product information carefully before purchasing any insurance products. The information shown in the communications placed on 10Life does not constitute an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any banking or insurance products or services.
  2. 10Life Insurance Product Ratings are based on facts and data, and are not be influenced by any partnerships with insurance companies.
×
Ask Questions
No contact information needed. Anonymous questions, instant chat, and get opinions from licensed advisors.
Please sign up or login, instant anonymous questions!
Advisor Replies
Your question has been sent to licensed advisors.
No contact information needed. Anonymous questions, instant chat, and get opinions from licensed advisors.
Please sign up or login, instant anonymous questions!
My Advisors
No record with advisors.
Please sign up or login. No contact information needed, instant contact with advisors!
Find Advisors
Over one thousand advisors provide you with insurance advice
Please sign up or login. No contact information needed, instant search advisors!