[Comparing International Medical Insurance] Choices for Families with Kids
Only two products offer maternity caesarean section coverage
Comparing prices for a family with children
Table 1: Compare products’ coverage and premiums (HKD)
1. Deductible $0.
2. AXA Global Elite II Prestige - waiting period of 12 months; coverage up to $110,000.
3. Bupa Global IHHP - waiting period of 12 months; covers up to $103,000 in case of medically necessary Caesarean section.
4. Bupa Global IHHP - allows each insured adult to add up to two children under the age of 10 for free (subject to underwriting) after the policy has been in force for at least 12 months.
Annual benefit limit can differ by up to 1.5 times
Pay attention to the premium increase with age
Table 2：Comparison of benefit limit and average annual premium for age 60-80 (HKD)
Table 3: Change of Residency Terms Comparison
|Insurer/ Product||Terms on change of residency|
CEO Medical Plan 5
|If the insured has taken up residence in North America or Western Europe, benefits payable shall be reduced to 60%.|
AXA Global Elite II
Health Plan - Prestige
|If the insured changes Principal Country of Residence to the U.S., the amount payable on medical expenses incurred in the USA will be capped at 60%.|
International Health and Hospital Plan (IHHP)
|The policy shall not be renewed at the next policy anniversary if the policyholder or the insured becomes a permanent resident of the U.S.|
HealthFirst Elite Medical Plan
|If the insured’s country of residence of is the U.S. at the time of loss incurred, all benefits payable which takes place in the U.S.will be reduced to 60%.|
VHIS Flexi Plan - Diamond level
1. The insurance company should be notified if the residency of the insured is changed.
2. The data above is an excerpt and may not be complete. Please refer to the insurance companies and the terms and conditions for details.
- AXA Global Elite II Prestige: to be eligible for the Pregnancy and Delivery benefit, the insured must have attained over the age of 18. This benefit is only available for charges incurred after the insured has been covered for at least 12 consecutive months under the Prestige benefit level and has effected annual renewal of the same benefit level for the coming policy year.
- Bupa Global IHHP: Waiting period applies. Newborns can be covered from birth without completing an application form, regardless of any health conditions, when at least one parent has been covered on this plan for 12 months or more prior to the child’s birth, and a copy of the birth certificate is submitted within 30 days of the birth.
- AXA Global Elite II Prestige: both the Pre-existing Conditions benefit and the Manifested Congenital Conditions benefit share the same aggregate annual limit, thus any claims paid under one of these 2 benefits will reduce the remaining benefit available for both. Policy years 1 & 2: up to HK$ 18,000. Subsequent years: up to HK$ 36,000. Available only after 270 days of continuous cover.
- The premium rates above is updated as of 4th February 2022 and exclude any insurance levy collected by the Insurance Authority.
- The above information is updated as of 4th February 2022.
10Life Product Comparison and 10Life Insurance Ratings are developed by 10Life Financial Limited, an authorised insurance broker company licensed with the Insurance Authority under License Number FB1526. 10Life Product Comparison and 10Life Insurance Ratings are developed for generic customer segments using mathematical calculations based on product information, facts and data, and are not influenced by any partnerships with or fees received from insurance companies.
Any information on 10Life Platform ("10Life Information"), including but not limited to Product Comparison, Product Ratings, Blog Articles are intended for general education purpose and reference only. None of the 10Life Information is intended, nor should they be considered or relied upon, as regulated advice, insurance, financial, investment or professional advice, recommendation, approval, endorsement, invitation or solicitation in respect of any insurance, financial or investment products. 10Life Information does not take into account your individual needs. Reading 10Life Information should not be considered as conducting a suitability assessment, and is not sufficient to form the basis of any decisions to purchase any insurance products. You should rely on information authorised by insurance companies, carry out your own research and/or seek independent advice from licensed intermediaries before purchasing any insurance products or making any insurance decisions. While reasonable effort is used when collecting, validating and updating 10Life Information from various channels, none of 10Life Group and its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, directors, officers and employees will be responsible for any liability, claim or loss arising from or associated with you using 10Life Information. No warranty, representation or guarantee is given by 10Life Group and its subsidiaries on the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information.
If you have any questions on 10Life Product Comparison and 10Life Insurance Ratings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Have an insurance question? Just ask!
- Ask a question anytime, anywhere
- Get response from multiple licensed advisors
- Simply login with Email