Terms and Conditions of Use
Terms and Conditions of Use
In the Terms and Conditions of Use ("Terms”) outlined below,
- “10Life Group Companies” refers to 10Life Group Limited (incorporated in Hong under company number 2366460) and its wholly owned subsidiaries, including 10Life Hong Kong Limited (incorporated in Hong Kong under company number 2389344) and 10Life Financial Limited (incorporated in Hong Kong under company number 1154750), an authorised insurance broker licensed with the Insurance Authority under License Number FB1526.
- "10Life Financial", "we", "us", "our" refers to 10Life Financial Limited (incorporated in Hong Kong under company number 1154750), an authorised insurance broker licensed with the Insurance Authority under License Number FB1526 and a wholly owned subsidiary of 10Life Group Limited.
- “10Life Platform”, “Platform” means digital channels operated by us, including www.10Life.com (“website”) and 10Life Insurance Decoder mobile application (“mobile application”) owned or operated by us.
- “You”, “Your” or “User” means any person who accesses and uses 10Life Platform.
We continue to improve and enhance services on our Platform. As a result, revisions to the Terms may be made without direct notifications to you. Any subsequent use or access of the Platform by you will mean that you have accepted and be bounded by the changes to the Terms. We encourage you to revisit this page regularly to understand the latest Terms that may be relevant to you.
If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Platform.
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions of the Terms, the English version shall prevail.
Our Platform offers insurance information in Hong Kong as a website (www.10life.com
) and a mobile APP (10Life Insurance Decoder). Users of the Platform can obtain non-personalised insurance information and use our communication service to contact licensed insurance intermediaries registered on the Platform. The non-personalised insurance information offered on our Platform includes insurance product comparison and blog articles. 10Life Financial is the operator of the Platform.
Our Platform is free for you to use. We may receive fees from providing third-party services such as advertising, website redirections, licensed intermediary communication tools, and 10Life ratings licensing.
About 10Life Insurance Product Comparison and Blogs
For further details about 10Life Group Companies, you can visit the About Us
section of our website.
Any information on 10Life Platform ("10Life Information"), including but not limited to product comparison, product ratings, blog articles are intended and should only be used for general education purpose and reference only. None of the 10Life Information is intended, nor should they be considered or relied upon, as any regulated advice, insurance, financial, investment or professional advice, or recommendation, approval, endorsement, invitation or solicitation in respect of any insurance, financial or investment products.
10Life Product Comparison and 10Life Insurance Ratings are operated by 10Life Financial. 10Life Product Comparison and 10Life Insurance Ratings are developed for generic customer segments using mathematical calculations based on product information, facts and data, and are not influenced by any partnerships with or fees received from insurance companies with 10Life Group Companies. You should study the rating methodologies to understand the relevance and limits.
10Life Information does not take into account your individual needs. Reading 10Life Information should not be considered as conducting a suitability assessment, and is not sufficient to form the basis of any decisions to purchase any insurance products. You should rely on information authorised by insurance companies, carry out your own research and/or seek independent advice from licensed intermediaries before purchasing any insurance products or making any insurance decisions. You are strongly recommended to conduct a suitability assessment (e.g. Financial Needs Analysis and Risk Profile Questionnaire) before making any insurance decisions.
The information on the Platform is curated from information gathered from different sources. Where possible, we source the insurance product information directly from insurers or insurers’ websites. In cases where we are unable to obtain this information from insurers directly, we source insurance product information from other sources to cover as much of the market as we can. We will use our reasonable efforts in ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the information at time of publishing, but we do not guarantee the accuracy and completeness of any information we provide. You should always refer to information provided by the insurance company or your licensed intermediary, including any marketing material and contracts, when making any insurance decisions.
While reasonable efforts are used when collecting, validating and updating 10Life Information from various channels, none of the 10Life Group Companies and its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, directors, officers and employees will be responsible for any liability, claim or loss arising from or associated with using 10Life Information. No warranty, representation or guarantee is given by any of the 10Life Group Companies on the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information.
About Insurance Products or Services Displayed on Our Platform
We do not own or control any of the insurance products or services displayed on our Platform; nor do we own, control or operate the third-party websites. We may provide on our platforms access to third-party websites or links to insurance product providers as part of our service ("Redirection"). Such Redirections are for your convenience and information only and do not constitute our endorsement, recommendation and approval of the third parties and their product and/or services. We may receive remuneration from the third parties for providing Redirection services. We shall in no event be liable in respect of the usage, quality, content, reliability or security of the third-party websites or for the goods and services offered thereunder. Proceeding with the Redirection shall constitute your consent to the receipt of such remuneration by 10Life Financial.
We reserve the right to withdraw any link for Redirection without notice.
Providing a Redirection does not suggest or imply that 10Life Financial acted as an insurance intermediary for the third party or provided any regulated advice for the purchase or sales of products or services offered by the third party. Any purchase of products and services at the third party website is a transaction made directly with the third party and is solely at your own discretion and risk. You are advised to read the terms and conditions of those products and services carefully and to satisfy yourself that you understand those terms and conditions thoroughly (and in appropriate cases, seek professional advice on the meaning, operation and substantive effect of those terms and conditions) before you enter into a contract for such products or services. We shall in no event be liable in respect of the usage, quality, content, reliability or security of the third-party website.
Our Geographical Limits
The information on our Platform is directed to users physically present within the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China ("Hong Kong"). Insurance information presented on our platform should only be used by users physically present in Hong Kong. We make no representation that information and materials included on our website are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
About Our Communication Services
Our Platform currently offers all users a free communication service which includes the “Anonymous Q&A” and “Instant Chat” (collectively "10Life Communication Services"). The Platform users can use 10Life Communication Services to connect to Hong Kong licensed intermediaries who have registered on the Platform.
You have a choice to engage with multiple licensed intermediaries through the 10Life Communication Services. You are recommended to verify the intermediary's identity, qualification and company they represent before making further communications. If you choose to engage with any intermediaries in a conversation, your alias and other information entered by you may be shared with the licensed intermediaries. You are not required to use your real name as your alias and you may change your alias at any time.
If you engage any licensed intermediary through the 10Life Communication Services, then any services, advice, recommendations or solicitations in the course of your engagement and communications are solely and wholly provided by the licensed insurance intermediary. The responses and subsequent communications from the licensed insurance intermediary do not represent the view, opinion or advice of 10Life Financial and 10Life Group. We do not review or control the information licensed intermediaries provide you, and we accept no liability for any loss in connection with your use of any such information.
You are recommended to conduct a suitability assessment before making any insurance decision. It is your sole and absolute responsibility to decide whether you should take the advice from any intermediary and purchase any insurance products or services. The licensed intermediary will carry out all aspects of the assessment to consider whether any recommendations are suitable for you. None of the 10Life Group Companies will participate in or contribute to any such assessment. We make no warranty, representation or guarantee in respect of the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information provided to you, or the suitability of any recommendations made to you, by any licensed intermediary. We will not bear any responsibility, and we disclaim all liability for any claims and/or losses arising out of or in connection with any such information or recommendation.
What You Need to be Responsible for
You are solely responsible to ensure that:
- You will refrain from using our platform for any unlawful, fraudulent or commercial purposes.
- You will not use our Platform in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to our Platform or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of our Platform;
- You will not use any software, instruments or devices that interfere or attempt to interfere with our platform or the due operation of our platform;
- You will not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including scraping, data mining, data extraction, or data harvesting) on or in relation to the Platform without our express written consent;
- You will not access or otherwise interact with the Platform using any robot, spider or other automated means;
- You will not copy, redistribute, publish, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, translate or in any manner make any attempt to access the source code (whether to create derivative works of the source code or otherwise);
- You will not use data collected from the Platform for any direct marketing activity (including email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing or director mailing) unless you have obtained the prescribed consent of the data subject;
- You will not edit or otherwise modify any content or paper or digital copies of any materials printed off or copied from the Platform in any way;
- You will keep confidential and will not share with any other person any usernames and passwords you create when using our Platform. If you do disclose to anyone your username, password and/or other identification information, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on the Platform using your username, password and/or other identification information (whether by you or any other person, and whether with or without your authorisation). We have no obligation to maintain your usernames and passwords and will not be responsible or liable if you misplace, forget or lose your usernames or password.
- You will ensure that all information including personal data you enter is true, accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will not be held responsible if information is invalid or inaccurate as a result of your error in providing correct information or from a failure to disclose all material facts to us; and
- You are responsible for checking and ensuring the suitability, usefulness, quality, adequacy and availability of the products or services of insurers displayed on our platform. You should seek and obtain professional advice on the products or services prior to making any purchasing decision. We will not bear any responsibility, and we disclaim all liability for any claims and/or losses arising out of or in connection with any such products or services.
When using 10Life Communication Services, you agree that:
- You are responsible for the posting of contents including but not limited to questions, replies, messages or chats on 10Life Communication Services and any consequences that flow from such posting;
- You will not make 10Life Group Companies liable for any errors or omissions in any postings or for any loss or damages incurred by the use of 10Life Communication Services;
- You are recommended to verify the intermediary's identity, qualification and company they represent before making further communications.
You will use 10Life Communication Services entirely at your own risk:
- You understand 10Life Group Companies makes no guarantee nor gives warranty of any kind whatsoever (whether express or implied) in relation to your use of 10Life Communication Services or any use by any third parties;
- You understand 10Life Group Companies will not be liable for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential, financial or otherwise) arising from the use of (or in connection with) 10Life Communication Services; and
- You will have the sole discretion, without influence from 10Life Group Companies, whether to take the advice from a licensed intermediary and/or to purchase any insurance products or services from any product providers.
When using 10Life Communication Services, you agree not to do the following:
- You will not post content that may be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, profane, obscene, may cause personal distress, offensive, defamatory, false, libellous, hateful, racially, sexually or otherwise discriminatory or post any information that is otherwise objectionable;
- You will not post content that may be invasive of another’s privacy or violate the rights of any other user, or of any third party in any way;
- You will not post content that infringes any patent, trademark or copyright of any party unless you have the permission to do so;
- You will not encourage illegal and/or inappropriate behaviour, to form or recruit members for distinct groups whose aims are to cause disruption, or to encourage others to do so;
- You will not promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- You will not post content that is confidential and/or commercially sensitive;
- You will not post any URLs or web links (to avoid doubt, 10Life Group Companies take no responsibility for the content of any external URL or web link if posted in contravention of these terms).
You acknowledge that except for communications you have with intermediaries appointed by 10Life Financial, we are not involved in any chats, discussions or negotiations between you and the intermediary or in the placement or purchase of any insurance product or service. We do not bear any responsibility or liability for your purchase, the suitability or quality of the products or services or the agreement you enter into with the insurer.
You must not engage in any discussion of insurance products if you choose to use 10Life Communication Services from locations outside of Hong Kong SAR. Hong Kong SAR licensed insurance intermediaries cannot solicit the sales and purchase or advice on insurance products to individuals outside of Hong Kong SAR. Unless otherwise specified, products and services shown on our Platform are not available to persons who are outside Hong Kong SAR or to persons who do not possess legal capacity to enter into contracts, such as minors, and accordingly, no contract purported to be entered by these persons will be binding.
Personal Data and Privacy
We may collect personal information about you when you use our platform and we will apply and comply with the laws and principles of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486) of the Laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China ("Hong Kong") when processing your personal information.
Intellectual Property Right
before usage of our Services.
Our Platform is protected under intellectual property laws. More specifically we are the owner, or are the authorised licensee, of all rights, title and interest in the Platform and all data and content displayed on the Platform including but not limited to images, texts, symbols, logos, designs, trademarks, graphics, files except for the data and content on our platform that are owned by other relevant third parties (jointly, “Website IP”). You must not use any of the Website IP except in accordance with these Terms or having first obtained the prior written consent of 10Life Group. All intellectual property rights are reserved. Unless otherwise expressly provided, we do not own the intellectual property rights provided by third parties, and we give no representation, warranty or guarantee in respect of such intellectual property rights. We have not examined or verified any third party intellectual property rights.
Limitation of Use of Information on our Platform
Save for your permitted personal use of our platform in accordance with these Terms you will not use, copy, transmit, deep-link, hyper-link, scrape, download, display, duplicate, sell, trade, market, utilise, exploit, publish, distribute, broadcast, edit, modify or reproduce the Website IP or any portion thereof, or use any Website IP in any way not in accordance with these Terms, unless you have obtained prior written approval from us, or the other relevant third parties, whichever is applicable. You should notify us promptly if you suspect or become aware of any misuse of the Website IP, or any violation, infringement or misappropriation of the intellectual property rights by any other users or other third party. You can contact us here
Any information on 10Life Platform ("10Life Information"), including but not limited to Product Comparison, Product Ratings, Blog Articles are intended for general education purpose and reference only.
10Life Information does not take into account your individual needs. Reading 10Life Information should not be considered as conducting a suitability assessment, and is not sufficient to form the basis of any decision to purchase insurance products. You should rely on information authorised by insurance companies, carry out your own research and/or seek independent advice from licensed intermediaries before purchasing any insurance products or making decisions in respect of insurance. You are strongly recommended to conduct a suitability assessment (e.g. Financial Needs Analysis and Risk Profile Questionnaire) before purchasing any insurance products or making decisions in respect of insurance.
10Life Information is gathered through various sources and may be inaccurate or out-of-date. Although reasonable efforts are used to ensure 10Life Information is true and accurate at the time of publishing, we make no warranty, representation or guarantee in respect of the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information. You should rely on information authorised by insurance companies, carry out your own research and/or seek independent advice from licensed intermediaries before purchasing insurance products or making insurance decisions. 10Life Group companies and 10Life Financial is not responsible for any loss, liability or expense arising from using the information or for any claims and/or losses caused thereby.
Unless such dealings or purchases were placed via 10Life Financial acting as your insurance brokerage provider following its appointment and engagement in writing, we have no liability to you, and we are not responsible for your losses, in relation to your dealings with or purchases with insurers or other insurance intermediaries, including any advice or recommendations you have received or purchase of products from any insurers or other insurance intermediaries.
We do not guarantee or warrant that the Platform will be uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected or the server will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements. We are not liable and assume no responsibility for losses or damages of any kind however caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use or access of, or the inability to use and access the Platform, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, even if we have been informed of the possibility of such damage. We exclude and disclaim any liability for loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of anticipated savings or benefits, or for any type of indirect, special or consequential loss, even if that loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or we may have been aware of the possibility of that loss or damage arising.
All exclusions and limitations of liability in this clause shall be to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We also have the following rights:
Indemnity and Jurisdiction
- To terminate, suspend or discontinue your use and access to the Platform, and to cancel your account at any time without giving prior notice and without being required to provide any reason;
- To close, delete, refuse to post or remove (without notice) any user content at our sole discretion for any reason, but have no obligation to review or monitor any user content;
- To determine (in the absolute discretion of 10Life Financial) if any user content is in violation of these Terms and remove such content that we consider inappropriate;
- To exercise or enforce such rights in the future at any given time even when we did not immediately exercise or enforce our rights under these Terms;
- To substitute valid and enforceable provision that is most similar to the (intent of the) original provision in the event any of the provisions of these Terms is rendered unenforceable, null, void, inapplicable or otherwise invalid in any jurisdiction, and keeping all the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect; and
- To supersede any and all prior verbal or written agreements in relation to our Platform or the use of the services provided by us through our Platform.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions of Use, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless 10Life Group Companies and its subsidiaries, their officers, directors, employees, partners, representatives and assign from and against any claims, actions, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expense resulting from your use of the Platform.
In the case of any disputes or matter that may arise, these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China unless otherwise specified.
Enquiries & Complaint Procedures
10Life Financial aims to provide services to our users with high satisfaction.
If you have any questions or complaints about our Services or information presented on the platform, you can call 3705 1599 during working hours from 10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays, write to: 12/F, Greatmany Centre, 109-115 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai or email to: enquiries@10Life.com
We will not respond to complaints regarding products and services of third party providers, which may include insurance companies and other third-party licensed intermediaries. Please contact the respective third-party providers and follow their enquiries and complaint procedures.
Last Update: 27 June 2022