10Life respects the privacy of our users and will protect your privacy vigorously. Please review our privacy notice which discuss how we collect, use and share your data.
“10Life”, “we”, “us”, “our” refer to 10Life Financial Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of 10Life Group Limited.
“Platform” or “10Life Platform” means digital channels operated by us, including www.10Life.com (“website”) and 10Life Insurance Decoder mobile application (“mobile application”).
“You”, “Your” or “User” means any person who accesses and uses our website and mobile application.
How do we collect data from you?
When you register on our Platform and provide us with your personal information;
When you use our Platform including browsing our website and using 10Life APP;
When you use 10Life Communication Services.
How do we store your data?
We may store your data in Hong Kong SAR or overseas, including the usage of cloud storage services like AWS. We keep your data safe in compliance with Hong Kong laws.
You can access, correct and delete your data
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to:
(i) request a copy of your personal data held by us, unless we are exempted from complying with a data access request; and
(ii) request us to make necessary amendments in respect of any personal data you provide to us that you consider inaccurate after we have fulfilled a data access request from you. We may refuse data correction request if we believe the personal data is accurate, the requested change relates to an expression of opinion or the proposed correction is inaccurate.
In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing or correction of any data access request.
Should you wish to access, amend or delete your personal data from our platform or if you have any enquires or comments relating to our Privacy Statement, you may contact us through our Customer Service Officer:
What we use your data for?
- Provide products and services to you, including providing 10Life Communication Services
- Improve the products and services offered on the Platform
- Send information to you (We will not use any data you provide us for marketing purposes unless you provided us with your express specific prior written consent.)
- Handle your enquiries, requests and complaints
- Comply with laws or other legal and/or regulatory obligations including any external or internal investigations
- Help us better understand the market and improve our services
- Personalise your experience on the Platform such as identifying your preferences and behaviour to help us to better respond to your individual needs
- Provide advertising to you on third party websites using anonymised data
- Provide customer service to you and to help us to more effectively respond to your service or product requests, receive feedback and support needs;
- Investigate suspected violations of laws or third parties’ rights;
- Enforce our contractual or other legal rights and remedies
- For any other purposes relating to the purposes stated above
We will not use your personal data for other purposes unless you have expressly given your consent to the use for the relevant other purposes, the purpose is directly related to the purpose for which the personal data was collected or we are permitted to use the personal data for other purposes arising from an exemption or otherwise in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
What information may we collect?
Your personal information you provided when using our Platform including your name, profile and contact information.
Data from individuals who may be acting for you through our services.
Who we may share your data with?
- Our employees and officers
- Our insurers and bankers
- Other 10Life Group Companies
- Local or overseas third party administrative service providers, such as technology service delivery and data management, to help us deliver our product and services to you
- any enforcement authority to whom we are required or we believe it appropriate to make disclosure
- Our financial, legal and accounting professional advisors
- We may share anonymised data with digital media advertising partners
- Other third parties whom you provided consent to us for sharing your data with, including insurers and insurance intermediaries
Some persons to whom we transfer your personal data may be located outside Hong Kong SAR, in locations that may not have in place data protection laws which are substantially similar to Hong Kong SAR, and this may mean your personal data may not be protected to the same or similar level as that in Hong Kong SAR.
About Your Personal Data Security
Any personal data maintained by 10Life relating to our users in using the Platform will be kept strictly confidential in accordance with this privacy statement. All reasonable and practicable efforts will be made to ensure that any personal data held by us is stored in a safe and secure location, only to be accessed by our authorised staff members or authorised third-party service providers.
However, given the nature of web, we cannot guarantee that any data storage or transmission is 100% secure. We will not be responsible for any breach of security due to unauthorised access to or hacking into the data.
In order to best serve our users, the Platform may contain links to sites that are not operated by 10Life. If you visit one of these websites, you should review their privacy and/or other statements. 10Life will not be held responsible for the policies and practices of other companies and any information you submit to those companies is subject to their privacy policies.
Updates to the Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend or update this privacy statement from time to time. In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing or correction of any data access request.
Customer Service Officer
10Life Financial Limited
12/F Greatmany Centre
109-115 Queen’s Road East
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Last Update: 27 June 2022